There is nothing quite like going to the bar in your house after a long day of hard work and fixing your favourite drink. Or having friends over, being your mixologist, and creating fun new drinks with them. If your home needs a bar, consider building one. Once you have the basic bar, purchase a wine cooler cheap option and load your wine cooler with your favourite wines. No one wants warm drinks, so ensure your wine cooling system works and other beverages have a cool place to store. Your future self and family and friends will thank you for it.
Advantages of a home bar.
A home bar has many advantages: the drinks will always be to your liking. Because it is your bar and you stock the drinks, you are more likely to purchase beverages that you and your family enjoy; hence there will always be something you enjoy drinking when you open the bar fridge. In addition, it serves as a great form of entertainment. Sitting at the bar and making everyone’s drinks will bring great conversation and fun when one has dinner parties or people over. Moreover, it allows you to be creative as you create different drinks. The more you experiment, the better you will become. A huge bonus is that it will cost less than going out and ordering drinks at a bar. Purchasing a bottle of wine or spirits will last a couple of drinks instead of virtually paying the same price for just one at a bar or club. Lastly, the atmosphere is always comfortable, and you can relax. You do not need to worry about drinking too much, how you will get home, or if someone is going to spike your drink. You can relax and enjoy your time, drink in hand.
How to build a home bar:
It is easy to say, but now you have this idea, you need to create the home bar.
- Set a budget and decide how much will be spent on materials like wood for the bar and how much will be spent on extras like the bar chairs and mini fridge or wine cooler.
- Decide where in the house the bar will be. It needs to be somewhere guests can access when they visit and where you feel comfortable to relax and unwind.
- Taking some measurements is important as you will need this to purchase the wood for the bar frame. The wood will be used to build the support structure first. After that, you can hammer wooden panels in to complete the design.
- When finished, you can wrap the frame in plywood to ensure it has a nice grain. Doing this will help cover up any gaps left in the bar frame.
- Pre-drilling holes are essential as it prevents the grain from cracking.
- One can place a long wooden strip on top to create the bartop counter.
- Sand down the bar and then use a gloss stainer to stain the wood. Varnish it after that if wanted.
Once the bar structure is complete adding some bar stools, a wine cooler fridge, some wine racks, and decor items will complete the aesthetic appeal. So purchase those drinks and enjoy relaxing at your very own home bar!…